how to adjust the TPS

• Hi,
    These days I'm doing some maintenance work, lubrication and tune up (k100RS 16v).
    I tried to tune up the TPS unit with a motronic diagnostic tool - no success. Then I connected voltage meter to pins 1 & 2 of the sensor and with ignition on I checked the voltage:
    on throttle off (neutral) - about 4V (tryed to play with the sensor - when i rotate it clockwise the voltage is dropping, the RPM decreasing until stall (4V is the minimum before stall). from what I know it suppose to be around 370mv (what a difference).
    What is also strange, is that pulling throttle grip to the maximum cause the voltage to decrease to around 0.5V - and from what I know, it suppose to increase.

what I understand, is that my TPS is not adjusted as it should be.
    help, anyone?

• Hello!

The gudie that can be found on k11og.org:

Zitat

NOTE: Measuring the voltage between pins 1 and 4 at the TPS connector should indicate
    0.375 Volts at the idle setting (closed throttle) with ignition ON engine OFF.
    Snap the throttle open/closed a few times to ensure a consistent reading. To adjust the TPS, loosen the two screws slightly and rotate the TPS until the temperature warning lamp (or the Test LED) 'just' comes ON at idle and goes OFF just above idle. If you are using a voltmeter, adjust the voltage to 0.375 at idle (closed throttle). This voltage MUST remain below 0.400 Volts at idle.

Here is the whole topic.

Best regards,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!