K1100RS

• I have been offered a K1100RS with 20.000 miles on the clock. It looks and runs great. It was damaged around ten years ago, it was cosmetical damage only, and the whole faring was bought new and replaced. I know the guy who did it and rember when this happened. He bought new BMW panniers at the time to. It has alway´s been kept inside. It has seen very little use for the last ten years and I´m sure that it has not being serviced properly for the same period of time. What would be a fair price to pay for it in England or Germany? What are the prospects for this kind of a bike? Will it become a classic. Is the demand rising or will it?

• Zitat von "TIV"

I have been offered a K1100RS with 20.000 miles on the clock. It looks and runs great. It was damaged around ten years ago, it was cosmetical damage only, and the whole faring was bought new and replaced. I know the guy who did it and rember when this happened. He bought new BMW panniers at the time to. It has alway´s been kept inside. It has seen very little use for the last ten years and I´m sure that it has not being serviced properly for the same period of time. What would be a fair price to pay for it in England or Germany? What are the prospects for this kind of a bike? Will it become a classic. Is the demand rising or will it?

It'll never be a classic in the sense of it being desirable to people who don't know about BMW's, and of course the "Airheads" will sneer at it just because, but it is a truly great motorcycle. The 1100 is the happiest of the K bike engines since it has a square bore and stroke. Though it has the same stroke as a K-100, BMW used 7 mm shorter pistons on the 1100, allowing the use of 7 mm longer conrods. This gives the 1100 the best conrod to stroke ratio and a really nice power band as a result. They are smooth engines too and easy on drive line parts. You won't blow final drive bearings out like the 1200's do.
    Were it mine I'd put the K-100 intake snorkel on it and use the slimmer and lighter K-100RS fairing lower panels on the bike, and K-10016V footpeg plates, all to lighten it up. I find the 1100 fairing to be a bit too bulky for my taste and love the lines of the original RS fairing. I'd also find a 3-row radiator from an early K bike (I live out near Death Valley). But looks aside, it's a really fine motorcycle and I'de jump at the chance to own such a low kilometer example.

• What year would we be looking at.
    I can tell you with the RS, it's (just a little) more of a bent over riding position than the RT you are used to.

The RS's still seem to sell for a reasonable price here in the states.

After riding my LT's for 5+ years, I rode an RS for about 100 miles, it is a different feel to the handling.
    Not saying better or worse, just different.

If I remember correctly the last year of production of the 1100's in Europe was 2000. So at the newest it's 11-12 years old with 20K miles, you could see some dry seal issues, but nothing more than what you already have dealt with on your 75RT. Just one more cylinder. :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!