Oil Filler Plug

• Not a problem, but just a bit of a puzzle.

I changed the oil on my K75 and started it up without refitting the oil filler plug. The bike would start up, but refused to run properly or tick over properly. As soon as I replaced the filler plug, all was fine.

Which made me wonder why that was?

I assume it was because of air flowing through the crankcase and then through the breather tube and reducing the vacuum at the thottle butterflies?

• You are totally right. Not very confusing at all :)

• You are right. With an open filler plug the bike will run as if it has a big air leak, as the air being pulled through the crankcase is bypassing the air mass meter, so the bike will run very lean (or not at all).

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Hi!
    All the air has to pass the air flow sensor in the air cleaner housing. When the oil filler plug is open, there's a bypass and the control unit gets wrong data!
    That's it.

Heinz
    "Technischer Fortschritt ist wie eine Axt in den Händen eines pathologischen Kriminellen."
    Albert Einstein

• Thanks for that ... makes me realise how important the condition of the crankcase breather tube is and how a split in it could cause very poor running.

• Zitat von "Colin_Carpenter"

Thanks for that ... makes me realise how important the condition of the crankcase breather tube is and how a split in it could cause very poor running.

That tube is one of the first places I look when I have a drivability problem that cannot be solved by a normal tune up and throttle body synch.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!