K12LT connecting intercom wires to speakers.

• Hi

Would like to temporary install StarCom1 intercom <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.satrcom1.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.satrcom1.com</a><!-- m --> on a -07 K12LT the easiest way.

Got wires from StarCom to connect to speakers. It's for 2 wires for each speaker ( no common wire between speakers ). Have in installed on my K11LT.

There are many reasons why will take the K12 and not the K11 ranging from comfort to a bit of wrenching needed on the K11. We need a bike for a 5 days tour from the baltic sea's northest peak over to the atlantic coast and along it for 3 days and back.

Can I attach the wires to the rear speakers w/o disassembling the whole rear of the bike?

/Sven-Erik

• What are the rear speakers connected to? a radio or similar? Does that have an 'In' where you could connect the Starcom1 in? I don't know if the Starcom1 has sufficient power to drive speakers directly, without an amplifier. Speakers are a different load than a headphone.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Hi
    I'm picking up the signal from the original radio by the new wires and feed the audio input to the StarCom1 unit. The StarCom1 unit also picks up the microfon signal from both helmets, signal from a BT unit and from bike2bike intercom unit.
    By a defined logic one of the input signals are amplified and connected to the helmet speakers, BT unit > mobile phones ... And to bike2bike unit.
    The GPS can either form a input signal trough BT or a buildin radiotransmitter > radio > speaker and the newly installed wires.
    At least this is how it works on the K11LT.

• Hi, I have a Starcom as well (advance), connecting the Garmin and the iPod with phone through the Garmin. I'm uncertain as to what you want to achieve, but if the radio fails an input you could buy one of those radio transmitters (3.5mm plug input which is transmitted on a FM signal) and then tune your radio in on that frequency.

Cheers, René

• Hi

The same as you, a great sound and InterCom system on the K12LT as well.
    This is a temporary solution, so I wil leave the Bike2Bike communication on the K11.
    It can be a option to have the garmin Zumo 500/550 working with StarCom1 Advanced BT-unit.
    Can also be nice to use the memory in the Garmin for music and BT to headset, so I will try that.
    Driving directions from Garmin are a nice option to but not really needed for the trip to norway as there are not so may alternative roads in our area and over the mountains.
    Have to look out more for reindeers and mooses than trafic ;)
    The roads in Norway are very biker friendly for both riding and the scenery, only con are high ticket rate.

BG
    Sven-Erik

• Hi Sven-Erik, I have a Garmin 550 connected to the Starcom1. I have wired helmets. Indeed the 550 will allow you to take a lot of music with you! Have fun.

Cheers, René

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!