K1100 Motronic 2.2 1223 error code - engine temperature

• Hello!

The problem looks as follows. After Motronic reset no error codes. After a ride also none. Yet after riding in traffic, when fan goes on, error code 1223 is indicated. This error code describe engine temperature sensor problem. I have checked wire loom for continuity and resistance. I have measured sensor characteristic and compered with another engine temp sensor dedicated for K1100/R1150. No significant differences found.
    [Blockierte Grafik: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/oimg?key=0AvAR--3ypb92dFM2TGg3YXN1WXZQTnRaekNaOXBxa0E&oid=1&zx=3z65raufvdbw]
    Sensor on motorcycle Spare sensor Data from computer model

So I ask for any kind of help, a piece of advice or wisdom or Yours experience. Anything that could help me to solve that puzzle, because I have no more ideas and it starts to piss me off :mad:.

• Zitat von "PeterKR"

Hi

These sensors NTC have burglaries in the identity line. I would renew the sensor.

Well, I can't rule out measurement method error. To be sure I need to replay tests.

• Hello!

I am still fiddling with difficult situation of temperature sensor out of range error.
    Today I have cleaned connectors, started bike form cool and wait to warm up. While engine running I have checked error codes, the result 4444 - yupi. Then switched off and started again warm engine: 1223 (SIC!).
    So it looks to me like when the bike is hot, and ECU goes through some kind Power On Self Test, it gets low resistance due to warm coolant and generates an error code. I will try to rule it out using some resistor with cold and working temperature values.
    Another thing, in my bike the sensor wire is crimped together with injectors power outlets. Is it the same on yours bikes? I even start to suspect EMC related issue.
    A strange thought came to me tonight. I live in city with over 600 000 citizens, the region have million+ people and I can't find another K11 to make ECU swap for test :/.

Best regards,

• Zitat von "PeterKR"

The sensor has a purple wire and a brown yellow wire and go to pin 7 (purple) and pin 14 (brown - yellow) Motronic. There is no connection to the fuel injectors.

100% right. What I meant is: the temperature sensor wire is routed down to fuel injectors rail, and then tide up together with injectors wires in one group. So injector power lines and temperature sensor goes as one pack back to main ECU connector loom.

BR

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!