Fuel injectors cleaning?

• Hi K riders. It took me over an hour to get the fuel injectors out! Boy were they grown to they´r seats! I took my time to ease them out the little bastards! Can´t beat me can they! Next thing is to clean the seats and surroundings, then new O-rings and then they go in again.

My question this evening is: How do I clean the injectors. I guess I can only clean them on the outside. What do I use? WD40, Warm water and soap, kerosene, carb cleaner e.t.c?

• I guess, as cleaner you could use any of these, depending on the sort of dirt, you want to remove.
    But you can clean the inside as well. just apply 5Volts and they should open, ready for blow-through. Do not open them for to long to avoid overheating. Whether internal cleanig is required, can be tested by connecting a fuel line and wires and let the engine crank. Watch the fuel dust, it should be a fine spray, without drops. All 4 (3) injectors should have equal spray-angles. Keep sparkplugs away from the spray!

Ultrasonic bath can also have good cleaning effects.

• Zitat von "Webberle"

Ultrasonic bath can also have good cleaning effects.

Yep. One of the German Members (I can't think who it was, sorry.) He applied a currency to the injectors and put the nozzles (not the whole things!) into a shallow ultrasonic bath. I guess he hat some sort of contruction to hold them upright.
    He said it was quite successful.

• Viv,
    Remember this guy, oh how we miss him.....here is an old posting from him.
    Ajays

themason

The Flying Brick forum Fuel injector suggestion
    » 23.12.09 18:58 «

Due to the high cost of parts from the dealer, or directly from Bosch, I have found what I think is a suitable alternative injector for two valve per cylinder K bikes. It is from Borg-Warner, part number BWB 57500. It replaces our injector in their cross over guide, which shows this injector fitting 1982-87 Renault 1.4 liter engines. The cost in the US at Kragen Auto Parts is about $67 each, compared to $165 each from BMW or a staggering $305 each from Bosch. According to Bosch, the part number for our injector has been out of production since the late 1980's. Where BMW got all the injectors for the K-75 production line remains a mystery, unless they bought a metric buttload at the end of the Bosch production run. Bosch shows fewer than 30 left in their warehouse, and they are darn proud of them judging from the price.
    I can't address durability yet, but for now, they operate perfectly.

• :thumbup: yes Ajays, a real pity, that we have lost him due to the remarkable intervention of his employer!
    As long as the spray cone is even and without drops and the the injector does not drip when it should be close,
    replacement is not necessary, even 67$ for one injector is still a lot of money. :D

• Found this at a Volvo site on the Internet. Among other things it says there; "I have used carburetor cleaner to do this job. I squirt a little into the top of the injector. After letting it soak for a few minutes, I apply power to the injector at the same time force compressed air through the unit. The liquid is atomized as it leaves the bottom".
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mikeponte.com/volvo/injectors.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mikeponte.com/volvo/injectors.htm</a><!-- m --> :ugeek:

• Dieses Thema enthält 12 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!