New lock wafers for K75/K100/K1100 locks

• Hello:

I am trying to see what kind of interest there is for new brass lock wafers (tumblers). I have been rekeying luggage locks for a couple of K75 projects I'm working on lately that use the Type 3 System Integral luggage and top case lock cylinders. I can't find any new wafers anywhere, including BMW dealerships, locksmith supply companies or eBay. I know the typical solution is just to grind the wafers down, or remove them altogether, but I really prefer using the proper wafers to rekey all locks to match the ignition key. I know these wafers work in several locks on several models.

I have been working with a laser cutting company in Oregon, USA that has a laser that cuts brass. I am going to provide them some AutoCAD drawings of the 6 different wafers and cut some test samples out of 0.62mm brass sheet. I am also thinking about trying some stainless steel as well. If these work properly, there wouldn't be much difference in cost to cut hundreds of additional wafers from the same piece of stock.

My question is this: Would anyone else be interested in a new rekeying kit for these lock cylinders? If the interest is there, I will have enough cut to assemble some extra kits. I don't yet know what the price would be, but the more I can have cut, the cheaper they will be! So far, I have had to rekey about 25 lock cylinders and I'm running out of wafers. I usually scavenge wafers from old locks, but these tend to be worn out and grooved. (This is why I was considering kits made from stainless steel as well so I could experiment a little bit.)

Would anyone else be interested in this project?

Thanks,

Ty

• good idea ! but i suppose you´re almost the only one who has 25 locks to rekey

have you checked the wafers from the E30 models before starting?

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Zitat von "zonenfeile"

...i suppose you´re almost the only one who has 25 locks to rekey

I meant to say 25 locks in the past. I currently have 7 to rekey - the integral cases have 6 locks and the top case has 1. I get luggage off of eBay or with a bike I'm restoring at the time. The locks rarely match the ignition.

Zitat von "zonenfeile"

have you checked the wafers from the E30 models before starting?

Based upon my measurements, there are 6 different wafer types for these motorcycle luggage locks. I believe the E30 locks only have 4 wafer types. I've searched a lot of catalogs and the collection of these luggage wafers seems unique. It's too bad, too, because the E30 repair kits are readily available!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!