Shimming gear box to frame

• Hello!

I have found a BMW service bulletin explaining how to torque and shim K1/ K100/ K1100 frame to engine. The objective of the procedure is to avoid frame stress in order to reduce vibrations - the bulletin says.
    Yet I can't find any information about the way the gear box should be bolted to frame. OK, there are torque values, but no information about shims. I can clearly see, two washers on left side gear box bolt. The mentioned bulletin and parts catalogue indicates distance shim at left front frame mounting.
    Any experience with that matter here on Flyingbrick?

Best regards,

• The only shims would be where the front down tubes attach to the engine block. RSs and RTs had rubber mounts in this position. There are no shims between the frame and gearbox. The washer goes between the frame and the allen head cap screw that attaches the gearbox to the frame.

• Zitat von "Themason"

The only shims would be where the front down tubes attach to the engine block. RSs and RTs had rubber mounts in this position. There are no shims between the frame and gearbox. The washer goes between the frame and the allen head cap screw that attaches the gearbox to the frame.

Hello!
    You are referring to K100 not K100 16V or K1100 RS. I can assure you that K1100 RS has none of rubber mountings parts between engine and frame.
    Than You for your input.
    Yesterday I had solved the problem. It had appeared that there were some shims installed, yet in random places. So I removed them, installed as required: 1 mm shim at left front - by the manual, , no shims on rear mounts, 3 mm shim at clutch housing(left side), and 1 mm at right front (the one I have to buy).
    More over I have found inconsistency in BMW oem repair manual - but that in separate thread.

Best regards,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!