Fan removal

• The cooling fan has failed. The relatively simple approach of removing the radiator and proceeding from there is complicated as we have a sidecar fitted - sub frame and other crazy stuff that we sidecar types suffer.

So, does anyone know if it's feasible to deal with the fan from the rear of the radiator by removing fairing sidepanels and air box ?

I ask because a few years back I sought advice on replacing the temperature sensor behind the radiator. Conventional wisdom indicated that I could only do the job by removing sidecar, subframe, etc etc. Too late, I received the advice that the task was indeed possible without major dismantling.

On the face of it my proposal seems feasible unless I'm missing something. I am content to consider an alternative mounting approach if necessary.

• my english is gone in the last years, but i try to help.

my understanding:

at your bike is the electric-engine, fan, broken. ( positioned behind the cooler) you want to change it, without complete-exploiting of your sidecar-added bike.

i dont know your bike, and the position of your subframe, and the position of your sidecar, is it on left or on right side aof the bike ? if its left, you can try it. airbox out. Small-girl fingers, or hands of an gynecologist, and then try to extend ...

if the subframe and the sidecar are on right side, please explode your bike :mrgreen:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!