Tires again, update to 2014

• Hello community!

As i see this part of the forum is pretty dead. However I just bought my k75c 1985 and need new tires ( these are 12 yo ). I ve already read other therads but was wandering if anything has changed in this case?

What type of rider am i? Well I ride quite a lot, bike is my everyday commuter, but i try to avoid riding in wet. This holiday i am planning to go for a longer trip meaby to croatia ( from Poland). I like turns, so i would like the tire to handle nice too. The last factor is that i expect it to least reather longer than shorter.

Thanks for your reccomendations

• Hey, thanks for fast replay, however as i am fresh biker :) I have few more questions about the tires:

What is better?

1. brand new tire from 2009
    2. used tire with still ~5mm in the centre from year 2011

Thanks in advance

• ...it depends. ;) Considering #1 i'd prefer the 2009 (the difference is only 2 years)

Schönen Gruß, RainerF

- Wenn man es kann, ist es keine Kunst; wenn man es nicht kann, ist es erst recht keine -
    (Karl Valentin)

• The safest Variante is to buy new tyres.

But if you are sure that the ones of 2011 are without any damages, I would fix them.

The 2009 tyres are five years old. I'm not sure if there's enough grip in critical situations...

Gruß
    Axel ... aus Oberfranken - in Bayern ganz oben

"Die Welt wird nicht bedroht von den Menschen, die böse sind, sondern von denen, die das Böse zulassen."
    Albert Einstein

--
    neben Moppeds gibt's noch DAS

Don't :drinkingcheers: and :sportbike: !!

• to go for a longer trip

The last factor is that i expect it to least reather longer than shorter.

...for these challenges the 2009s is the appropriate decision :!:

Schönen Gruß, RainerF

- Wenn man es kann, ist es keine Kunst; wenn man es nicht kann, ist es erst recht keine -
    (Karl Valentin)

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!