Bleeding ABSII ( -94 K11 ) front break

• Hi
    Renovated front calipers with new sealings and pistons.
    Have some challenge bleeding the breaks.
    Used the common procedure pressing the level, open the bleeding valve on caliper and closed it again before releasing the level.
    Repeated over and over again on both caliper until no air coming out. Also opened and losed the rear bleeding valve on top of the ABS unit.
    But it's still air in the system.
    Any tips? link?

• Which valve did You first open? That on the ABS unit or that on the caliper?

Heinz
    "Technischer Fortschritt ist wie eine Axt in den Händen eines pathologischen Kriminellen."
    Albert Einstein

• Please bleed the ABS unit first and then the calipers.
    After that turn the handle bar to the left, press the brake lever slightly and fix it with a rubber band. Wait one night!

Heinz
    "Technischer Fortschritt ist wie eine Axt in den Händen eines pathologischen Kriminellen."
    Albert Einstein

• Brake linings lie all the time.
    Renovated the calipers front (new seals and pistons) + new breakpads.
    Bled according to many tips incl. The pistons pushed back a maximum then calipers positioned vertical following by horrisontal to start bleeding.
    First used underpressure then classic lever pressureized + open vent valve, closed vent valv, and repeated this over and over again ..... slowly getting out brake fluid as there seems to be a pressure plocking in the system.
    BTW. Bleeded the ABS unit first.
    Despite all the air seems to have come out from ABS and calipers. the handle is spongy and braking performance is minimal.
    Took the bike on a ride to activate ABS'n, the ABS lights came off .
    After repeatingly applying the brakes, I got good braking force in the front.But did not hear the famous hammering sound when ABS'n was activated from the ABS unit.
    On the gov. inspection today the brakes one the front whare applied so much that I got a remark and have to come back.
    Leaning towards it's ABS unit do not open flow between the calipers and the handle when not braking.
    I need a new ABS'enhet and if so, where to buy?
    Or could it be something else?

• Can be that the flex break lines are to soft inside. Will get new lines.
    And that I got new break pads that have to be runned in.
    Will also check the wheel bearing and adjust the ABS pickup clearance.

A bit riding today even if its a bit chilly, a few + above zero C, A fellow rider needs training time before test for license.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tibbe ()

• Dieses Thema enthält 5 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!