K1100rs

• just getting the girl ready from the winter storage,I always put stabil in her,so I changed all the fluids and pivot bearings,brake fluid and after 37000 miles going to change the plugs,checked the valve gap ok,got ngk as per chart,put them in hard to start and when I gave her throttle it would die,gap .6mm so I cleaned the old ones and bingo !!! any comments hate to waste 22$ cdn worth of plugs,I was hoping someone would have an idea why the new plugs did this,is it the gap

• Rene my old plugs where Bosch XR7LDC I put NGK DPR7EA-9 and set the gap to .6mm, I see people use other plugs but I went for these type,I never had the bike started until the weekend after storage,but did have it running with the old ones before I changed them,and after starting with the NGK it wanted to die with throttle response,so put the old ones in and no problem,

• Hmm then I do not see a reason, why the bike should not start ... I must admit, I also had a set of new NGK sparks with one having intermittend periods of beeing on strike. But I have heard the same beeing said about Boschs...maybe this happens since all the sparks are beeing produced in China...
    You should at least check your HT-Leads and Ignition coils for proper resistance and bad/fouled connectors....

• Dieses Thema enthält 11 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!