Odd feel from transmission

• My K-75 often upshifts, and sometimes downshifts with what feels to be two clicks at the shift lever, not one as it used to do. This action is not always consistent.

This has gone for some time, and it has not become worse or better.

The transmission oil was last changed 20,000 miles ago.

I wonder what the source of the change is and if it is something that should be fixed.

Thank you for your ideas.

• Hello!
    Check wether the shift lever is loose.
    If yes, maybe screw # 8 has to be fixed. There's danger for the gear box, when the screw drops.

Heinz

Heinz
    "Technischer Fortschritt ist wie eine Axt in den Händen eines pathologischen Kriminellen."
    Albert Einstein

• Thank you so very much for this suggestion.

The shift lever feels firm in all directions as it always has been.
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks again so very much.
    Darrel

• Not sure what might be causing this, but I'm pretty sure that BMW wants us to change the gear oil perhaps more frequently than 20,000 miles. Maybe a drain and fill might help the situation?

The manner of shifting on my bike seems to change depending on how long I've driven (temperature?) I don't know if this is part of what you are experiencing. Seems to shift more smoothly when gearbox is cool.

• Zitat von "bobgass64"

but I'm pretty sure that BMW wants us to change the gear oil perhaps more frequently than 20,000 miles

Hello Darrel, I would keep this option in mind, but first follow buckling Heinz ;)

Please control clutch adjustment!!! ( 3 exclamation marks)

Toitoitoi, Pezi

• OK, I will change the oil and check the transmission.
    Thank you so very much
    Darrel

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!