Testing testing

• I finished assembling the fairing on my K75RT on Saturday and went for a 250 kilometers test drive. Everything is working like a clock! The engine and gearbox work flawlessly and the suspension is better than I dared hope for, rather on firm side, but not to stiff, and good balance between front and rear. Love it!

This bike is joy to ride, feels almost like a new bike, and I have the feeling that it would take me around the world without trouble if I would so decide. I took lots of pictures (soon post a link) before I put the fairing on. I am going on a 10 days trip around Iceland, starting 2nd of July.

I want to thank you guys for all the good advise through the winter and I will try to give something back next winter if I can.

• Here is a link to some pictures, all taken before I put the fairing on. Note that upper dashboard is mounted for testing. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/throsturv/BMW%20K75RT%20running%20again/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp23 ... g%20again/</a><!-- m -->

• Really a "clean" machine... nice.
    Did you fill some oil in, the window looks empty?

Frank
    von der Sonnenseite des Wiehengebirge! :sunny:
    Vor der Garage: 52°13'12.1"N 8°27'43.4"E

Dabei im FB seit dem 03.04.05

• If you look closely at the picture you can see the oil barely reaching the window. Yes I put in 3,5 liters in, and after the pictures where taken I added 200 ml. So now there is 3,7 liters in it. There was some (rather long) discussion on the old Forum about oil level, can´t remember what it was about but there seemed to be divided options of how much oil should be put in. In my case the motor had been without a belly pan for months and of course a new filter was put in.
    :grouphug:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!