Engine Vibration between 100km - 120 (60mph -70mph)

• Hi I am new to the forum. I have just become a proud owner of a 1992 4v K100RS 75,000 miles on the clock. on the whole good condition. But there is uncomfortable Engine Vibration between 100km - 120km (60mph -70mph) can any one help. Is this normal or can it be fixed?

Cheers Mark Taylor

• are you sure that is due to the engine?
    a bad tirepressure will cause also annoying vibrations!

btw, is the exhaust thight? i thaught i saw a 100 4 V and the 4 pipe, the last one and the worst to get to,
    can be broken out the collector.

• Tyre pressures good and it is engine related.Clutch in it disappears. It is also there when de-accelerating.

• Hi Mark,

this is strange. If it is engine related, then it should be dependant on engine speed/revs, NOT on running speed of the bike, only. In between we have the gear. So what?
    Please check again and report more precise, please.
    If its really the engine then it should be present in each gear at the same engine speed, else its not the engine. Is it just vibrations or also noise?

Typical causes for such are e.g. the rubber elements connecting the alternator to the engine. Easy to check and replace.

br

Bernhard

• Dieses Thema enthält 10 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!