Squealing noise from the rear

• When I use the gas I hear a squealing noise from down below. I can’t trace it with certainty but I would say it comes from the rear part of the bike. Everything stops when I cut the gas even as the bike is rolling but starts again as soon as I accelerate. For some reason my mind goes to brakes, (rotor) or drive-shaft, any guesses what it might be?

Thank you
    Stavros '89 K75S_120.000km

• Hi,

maybe its caused by the rear brake. If the disk has some freedom to move, then it might squeal e.g. when accelerating or - most significant - when running curves. If so it comes from free movement of the wheel (and disk connected to it) from the drivetrainend. Please check carefully if the rear wheel has some freedom to move within its bearings (movement about vertical or horizontal axis). You can also check if it comes from the rear brake disk by using this brake softly when squealing appears - if no more or less squealing then its the rear brake disk and/or the bearing as described above.
    If so you will have to repair the bearing in the drivetrainend or simply exchange it to a new or correct working used one.

Hope this can help you.

Good Luck!

br

Bernhard

• Dear Bernhard thank you for your help. While I have replaced the bearing of the front wheel I wasn't aware of a bearing at the rear wheel and I don't have any luck find it on the OEM BMW parts catalogue! Would you be kind enough to help me located?

Thank you for your patience,
    Stavros

• Zitat von "Goldentie"

Dear Bernhard thank you for your help. While I have replaced the bearing of the front wheel I wasn't aware of a bearing at the rear wheel and I don't have any luck find it on the OEM BMW parts catalogue! Would you be kind enough to help me located?

Stavros

One thing that you may consider when you find the bearing number is to visit your local bearing supplier and ask them for a price. I haven't done this for my K100 but in the past I've saved lots of money by getting high quality bearings from the suppliers. One way of doing this is to inspect the bearing and take down the number stamped on the side. They are generally universal and the supplier will know what to do with it and let you know if it is available.
    Remember... BMW does not make bearings, spark plugs, filters, oil etc :)

• Zitat von "Goldentie"

....I don't have any luck find it on the OEM BMW parts catalogue! Would you be kind enough to help me located?

Stavros

No problems, but can you help us a little. I am not knowledgeable in k75's, but normally, it is helpful to know the date of manufacture and the VIN number. I have mine in the Avatar section. with the K100s it helps a lot.

• Ned sorry for the delay...My K75S is a 1989 model (VIN K75S0107828).

Thank you for your help,
    Stavros

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!