Swing arm bearings-HOW MUCH!!!

• any alternative to £30 per side from motoworks, on my 1986 k100rs, bearing is taper roller and 40(od)x17x17
    Ta Ray

• Zitat von "ssray"

any alternative to £30 per side from motoworks, on my 1986 k100rs, bearing is taper roller and 40(od)x17x17
    Ta Ray

Hi Ray,
    Have you tried taking a sample to a well-known brand bearing supplier? With a little persuasion, they can give substancial discounts.
    Like the Forum says, "BMW don't make bearings." Cheers, OoB

• Went to 2 very large suppliers today, they can supply one .5mm wider but not taper roller, It appears the bearing co own the drawings of that bearing so nobody else can make it.
    Cheers
    Ray

• Hello!
    Swing arm bearing symbol is: 32203-A (FAG) 17x40x17.2 mm . So if you find such symbol you are home :D, this should be tapered bearing. The swing arm bearings must be torqued during assembly with care - to much or to less of torque at bolts and they will go out quickly.

Best regards,

• Thanks, the nearest I can get off the shelf is 17x40x13.25 but they are £25 so only save £4 per side and i need a spacer,
    Ray

• morning,

the swing arm bearing is not avilable on free market (excusive made for BMW only.)

you need 2x 33 17 1 241 546 pos no 6

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/p/d/1.png]

tip: go to your local BMW dealer, he has the right tool for remove the old bearings.
    beware of the little alu caps behind the bearing. they are not avilable anymore (and not shown in the drawing above)

for pics see : http://www.ziegeltreiber.de/index.php5/Schwingenlagerung

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Dieses Thema enthält 5 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!