K1100RS Kraftstoffproblem

• Please excuse my German

Well here is a good problem to solve. Bike is a '95 K1100RS with c. 100,000. I'm American and parked my bike near Heidelberg.

When we toured there with the RS in April, the fuel ran out in a rural area until it finally sputtered and stopped. A fresh gallon of gas wouldn't restart the bike. The bike cranked well with only the occasional firing/sputtering. We got a lift back to Knopf Tours. A quick diagnostic revealed a blown 15A fuse in the fuel pump circuit. Fuse replaced: no joy. Limited tools, time and lack of an electric meter meant leaving the bike in storage but not repaired. Pooh.

We will return to Germany in September. The first task is the RS repair. I am planning on installing a new fuel pump and fuel filter and will have a modest selection of tools and an electric meter. What other parts/consumables are recommended? Diagnostic tips are also welcome. If you know a good K-Bike mechanic near Kirchheim Rohrbach please let me know.

Thank you very much Chris Owen, Worcester VT R1200RT(x2), K1100RS, R100RS.

• a new fuel pump and fuel filter

Most likely that'll do the job already.

Have you ever changed the fuel filter before? Clogged filter will inevitably result in increased current draw of the fuel pump which in turn is likely to kill the fuse.

Though unrelated to the prime issue you should probably have a look at the pulse damper of the fuel pump as well. it tends to degrade with time and E10 consumption.

Gruss aus K-astorf im K-reis Herzo-k-tum Lauenbur-K (nicht in Köln)

ACHTUNG! Der obige Beitrag kann verstörend wirken/als verstörend wirkend empfunden werden, bzw. Spuren von Ironie, Sarkas-, Dogmatis-, Apfel-, oder anderem mus, Erdnüssen, Lecithin, Emulgatoren, Lactose, Gluten, Zwiebelmett, Zigeunerschnitzel oder anderen verpönten Lebensmitteln enthalten. Verletzungen von Persönlichkeits-, Urheber-, und sonstigen Rechten sind rein zufällig und nicht beabsichtigt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!