Has the fuel tank electrical connector bailed you up?

• This and the fuel injection computer connector have stopped me on the road dozens of times. Using DeOxit together with DeOxit Gold protectant has helped but today, the fuel pump wires fell out of the bottom of the tank...three times.

The first time I removed the knee pad and pulled the tank back then put it all back together. The next time I sat on the knee pad as I rode so I wouldn't have to put it back on in the dark.

I guess I'll need to clamp the wire ends a little. Any experience with this?

• Zitat von "JoelB"

I guess I'll need to clamp the wire ends a little. Any experience with this?

LOL Joel, that's the ONLY and smart solution :)

I think, your DeOxit is a marvellous grease featuring Alan Parsons:

=== 8< ===
    What goes up, must come down
    What must rise, must fall
    And what goes on in your life
    Is writing on the wall
    If all things must fall
    Why build a miracle at all
    === >8 ===

• Joel, using a little fitting screwdriver you can push between the plastic plug and the actual contact barrel.If you do it carefully close to the open end of the barrel you should be able to 'clamp' it better over the tank connection. I would then use some electrical tape to keep the plug fitted to the tank.

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• Zitat von "JoelB"

.... <snip> I guess I'll need to clamp the wire ends a little. Any experience with this?

They all do that, eventually. That plug was never designed for many disconnects. Reshaping the female side connectors will work for a while but eventually you will need to replace the plug with some other 4-pin connector.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!