Gearbox, clutch, engine removal images.

• Hi guys.

Some time ago at my friends BMW bike workshop, we set about replacing that aging anti-back lash spring in our primary drive along with every bearing and brush we came across. It was mission accomplished until just recently when an awful sound began coming from the primary drive shaft. We pulled it all down only to find a tooth has come off the anti-back lash gear and disappeared somewhere. We replaced that thin gear along with a new spring and put the whole show back together. Started her up only to hear another dreadful sound coming from the right hand side down low. We pulled off the crankshaft cover to find that the tooth from the anti-back lash gear must have also damaged the gear on the end of the crank beyond repair. Fortunately we have a 110hp K100 motor in the workshop that had been built to haul around the extra weigh of an outfit. This motor will go in this week and we're hoping this will be the end of this traumatic experience.

I've taken detailed digital images of this entire process. If these could be of use to anyone, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll sort them, label them and include a longer description of the process for each image very shortly. Hopefully my experience may help someone else considering performing similar work in the near future.

Cheers and kindest regards

Paul Harrington
    South Australia
    E: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:corcaigh@internode.on.net">corcaigh@internode.on.net</a><!-- e -->

• Hello!

I would like to suggest preparing a gallery or on-line presentation - you can use Google Picasa or Google Dos, or OpenOffice - can make a presentation in PDF or flash.

Best regards,

• Picasa is the best for photos, nice presentation and quick upload.
    Look here for example : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.com/hoechst5000/K100Winter0708#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://picasaweb.google.com/hoechst5000/K100Winter0708#</a><!-- m --> and press DIASCHAU...

But the PDF File would be nice, we already have a lot of docs in german, but none in English in the wikipedia...

• Greetings Gentlemen

Thanks for you suggestions. I like your ideas about the methods available for publishing this information for anyone to be able access.
    Today we began getting all the ancillory gear back onto the upgraded engine. I'm expecting having the engine back into the frame and test run by next Monday 15th. I'll sort through the images and get them into a logical order and write up the attached description so it's easy to follow. It's almost "mission complete". Man, what a journey! This should make a very nice 1983 K100.

Cheers and kindest regards

Paul Harrington
    South Australia
    E: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:corcaigh@internode.on.net">corcaigh@internode.on.net</a><!-- e -->

• Dieses Thema enthält 3 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!