I'm a 2k owner

• I shouldn't type things like K100 into ebay, now I have a K75 and acquired yesterday a K100RS (85) in great condition with 145000k's on the clock.

Doesn't run of course, previous owner gave up very quickly after spending $200 on a new battery and $180 on getting the injectors cleaned, there is no sound from the pump, tank inspection .. yuk, orange.

Pulled the tank off and brought it and the injector rail home to clean out, this one had a partially dissolved damper and a huge amount of rust in the tank, drained fuel, removed pump and filter and mopped as much if the rust as I could until my hand started to dissolve, then filled up the tank with water and used a stainless steel scourer to get as much as I could see and reach. Several half fills and flushes with water and its looking pretty clean in there. Mopped out as much water as I could and leaving it to airdry as much as possible over night.

Onto the pump, removed the rubber damper and threw it in the bin along with the filter, left bottom of pump soaking in paint thinner for a few hours while I worked on the tank. Then grabbed the jump start box and with the pump in a small glass jar with a few inches of paint thinner and a return hose back to the jar .. powered it up. Current is around 2.5A when pumping and if removed from the paint thinner drops to about 1.5A .. I think its survived.

Tomorrows plan ..

There is still a small amount of black gunge in the tank under the pump mount, I think I will soak it in paint thinner and mop that out.
    Then get a new filter, any metal one that fits the hoses and replace all the hoses in the tank.

• Another rider falls under the spell, lol. Pretty soon you will be adopting stray K's the way some adopt stray cats. I share the weakness. Worse things could befall a man.

If that pump turns out to be bad (but here's hoping it isn't), you can use the K-1100/R-1100 fuel pump with the rubber damper and mesh screen from the K-1100. There are probably more of those pumps available used in good working order than early K bike pumps since most come to salvage yards in tanks full of old gas and dissolved rubber, or alternately the pump is fine but it's impossible to remove the hard as concrete rubber damper, while the R's and later K's tend to be in better condition. Just my experience with used K bike fuel pumps.

• Yeh its a trap :) ..

I haven't got it running yet, the paint thinner did a great job of cleaning the tank .. the previous (short term) owner did have it running but had a lot of black smoke. I found the fuel return valve was completely blocked with rust coloured gunk, so it probably ran 90psi fuel pressure till something went. I have pulled that to bits and the spring had dissolved, so at the moment its just a tank fitting which will do for the moment. Its just a pain that removing the hose from the tank return fitting will now drain the tank.

Tested the injectors .. all good. Used a pair of vice grips on the return line to give me some pressure and they all open/close cleanly and seem to have similar flow rates.

From the current draw it looks like no fuel pressure yet, so in the process of pulling out the pressure regulator. I hope thats recoverable.

All the fuses are intact, but bike is not powering the fuel pump yet, have to track that down.

I have few missing bits .. so far, plastic box for the ECU, rear tank mount, airbox clips .. have to start a list :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!