Oil/water pump.

• Wonder why all the usefull information in "Off Topic".....Calling Ned dissapeared to?
    I still have not received all replacement parts...still waiting for the mechanical seal.
    However, I was lucky enough to get a new 19 tooth oil pump gear/shaft and a spacer. I don't think I'll be needing the spacer as I believe it is used in conjunction with the later pressed steel water pump rotor. With a bit of luck, the right seal should be here by Thursday next week then comes the tricky seal assembly.
    The agents tell me that when mods are done, the fish is not updated which causes mucho problemos. Hasta la vista, baby!

• As far as I know off-topic posts are deleted after a while (in contrast to tech-posts)...

• Frank, I don't want to water your parade, but I don't think the new gear will fit in the old housing (as explained in the threat "calling Ned". Did you have a look?

Cheers, René

Greetings from Australia!

Ihre antwort in Deutch wird verstanden

• I just ordered the factory tool for fitting water pump seals. Costs about $40 US. I hope this improves the quality of my heretofore substandard work!

The cut off date for the housing, shaft and gears is 1/90. Later housings need the later shaft and gear. This turns the coolant pump more slowly than earlier K's, circulates the water at a slower rate, the bike runs hotter and you gain a couple of horsepower. Choose wisely.

• Hi ooB.

We rescued the thread with the interesting informations, switched it to " drivetrain..." and named it "oil/water pump 1"

So check it and be happy, nothing is lost.

• Dieses Thema enthält 13 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!