Throttle

• Hi friends. One thing that could be better on my K75 is that it revs down to slowly when I let go of the throttle/twist it down. I have to wait to long until it revs down to a point were it shifts without grinding the gears. Ones the rev is down it shifts flawlessly. All cables are new, everything is clean and overhauled. Any idea how I could improve this?

• I'm no engineer, but I would think that there is a fair amount of rotating components with a little momentum to keep them turning.
    I don't understand the L-Jetronic F.I. system to know if it cuts fuel flow on a closed trottle position above a certain RPM or not. That could help on deceleration.
    I presume you are doing this with the clutch disconnected, so there would be no drive line resistance to slow the engine down.

• Hello!

The L-Jetronic cuts off the fuel when throttle is closed on high revs. That is the role of throttle position switch. TIV verify if it is adjusted right - it should click just above idle position.
    A don't see any problem with down shifting at any revs, proper twist of whist for increasing revs on partially disengaged clutch (how to call it in English? A rev increase while down shifting on non synchronised gearboxes?) and proper tension on gear lever before gear change and is works. It take some practise to do it with dry clutch, much easer on wet clutch bikes.
    If any problems more, then check, if not done yet, clutch splines lubrication.

Best regards,

• If I remember correctly there is only one spring that is supposed to close the air intake mechanism of the throttle assembly when you let go of the throttle grip. In the case of the 75 there are 3 butterfly valves between the plenum (air intake box) and the "mixing camber" which is a part of the motor itself.

These butterfly valves look exactly the same as in an old fashioned carburetor. The injectors go straight into the "mixing camber" and are "computer" controlled. I don´t know how exactly this works together.

• Zitat von "Rafal"

Hello!

The L-Jetronic cuts off the fuel when throttle is closed on high revs. That is the role of throttle position switch. TIV verify if it is adjusted right - it should click just above idle position.
    A don't see any problem with down shifting at any revs, proper twist of whist for increasing revs on partially disengaged clutch (how to call it in English? A rev increase while down shifting on non synchronised gearboxes?) and proper tension on gear lever before gear change and is works. It take some practise to do it with dry clutch, much easer on wet clutch bikes.
    If any problems more, then check, if not done yet, clutch splines lubrication.

Best regards,

Hi Rafael
    The throttle position switch is properly adjusted and the splines and the whole drive-train was lubricated last winter. Yes I use the same methods as you do when upshifting and downshifting. Twist of the wrist, preloading the shift lever and so on.

It´s just that I would prefer the revs to decrese faster when I close the throttle. Maybe it is not possible, but I enjoy mending details like that if possible.

• Zitat von "TIV"

Hi friends. One thing that could be better on my K75 is that it revs down to slowly when I let go of the throttle/twist it down. I have to wait to long until it revs down to a point were it shifts without grinding the gears. Ones the rev is down it shifts flawlessly. All cables are new, everything is clean and overhauled. Any idea how I could improve this?

I need a little clarification on this problem. Does the throttle snap closed when released with the engine revs taking longer to fall, or is this a case where the throttle does not snap closed immediately? Once I know this I can offer some advice.

• Dieses Thema enthält 12 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!