O2 sensor

• If I run without the O'2 sensor connected, how will that affect the fuel/air mixture? Rich or lean?
    I've been running now about 500 miles with out it connected and haven't noticed any real difference in the MPG or performance.
    The reason I'm looking at this is because my exhaust has been black and sooty for quite a while.
    Oil consumption has been 1.5Qts over 3000 miles so far.
    I'm on a trip at the moment so I haven't pulled the plugs, but they were clean when I inspected them prior to the trip.

I'm working on my '95LT Motronic 2.2 with cat.

I'm thinking that having been running with out and not seeing any difference that the sensor may be bad?
    I was looking for the pinout to test for voltage output of the sensor but haven't found one yet.
    I did look at Peter's site but it didn't stand out if it was there.

• Hello!

What does the Motronic error codes say? There are 4 codes related to O2 sensor:
    2341, 2342, 2343, 2344, 2345

You can determine the sensor pin by measuring resistance. Low resistance should be the heater.
    I do have Motronic 2.2 documentation but whole in French :/. So I can't give you any more detailed information :(.
    Usually ECU has an emergency program in case of O2 sensor fail. You can verify function of close loop mixture control with exhaust gas analyser -diagnostic workshop should have one.

Best regards,

• No error codes, just black sooty exhaust. Didn't think it's normal after looking at other K's.

• Hello!
    Black exhaust is the normal thing in my K1100 RS - no O2 sensor. On last gas analysis there was a inspection of wrong combustion. I have checked the valves - OK. Now I'll check spark plugs, fuel pressure and intake / vacuum lines. If this will make no change to situation, then injectors check and rebuild. Then I'll go to set CO level again and observe smoke and exhaust.

Best regards,

• Zitat von "Rafal"

Hello!
    Black exhaust is the normal thing in my K1100 RS - no O2 sensor. On last gas analysis there was a inspection of wrong combustion. I have checked the valves - OK. Now I'll check spark plugs, fuel pressure and intake / vacuum lines. If this will make no change to situation, then injectors check and rebuild. Then I'll go to set CO level again and observe smoke and exhaust.

Best regards,

Bosch systems default to a rich setting to prevent engine damage. Continuous high speed running on a properly tuned K should leave a nice light gray deposit in the exhaust. If it's sooty it is too rich unless you are doing a lot of around town low speed riding. Take it out and run it at 130 - 140 kph or more for a half hour or more. If the exhaust is still sooty something is wrong.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!