To use all functions of this page, you should register.

K75 handlebars & standard windscreen combination

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• K75 handlebars & standard windscreen combination

I am going to use the K75S for city riding so I will replace the fairing with the naked type headlight and I am planning to change the handlebars too from the (S) type to the (C) or even the (RT) type. Which one would you suggest would be more comfortable for dense traffic conditions? Also as I would like to be able to add the standard windshield when needed, I would like to know if it is mounted on the bars and if so if the choice of bars (C or RT) makes a difference.

Thank you for your patience
      Stavros ’89 K75S
    • Re: K75 handlebars & standard windscreen combination

On the unfaired K75, the BMW windshield is pretty good, and it looks better than any of the aftermarket ones IMO. The problem is that being fork-mounted, it is very sensitive to crosswinds.
      quote from Anton Largiader
      mfG
      Erik

Thank you Erik,
      Being fork mounted that means any of the two handle bar choices (C or RT) can be combined with the BMW windshield, right?

Hi
      being fork mounted is ok - often better than strange systems for the handlebar

if you take the org shield it works perfekt with the RT bar

[Blocked Image: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UclEnXK6nf0/TSmV-4RfmCI/AAAAAAAAAK8/wcPNShjfIM8/s512/PICT0103.JPG]

[Blocked Image: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eOCZNnovV28/TSmV9YeDbxI/AAAAAAAAAK4/dlaO7Hfosn8/s512/PICT0105.JPG]
      Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

"Goldentie" wrote:

Being fork mounted that means any of the two handle bar choices (C or RT) can be combined with the BMW windshield

I just checked on my son's K75/2, which has a rised handlebar very similar to my K75RT.
      I don't see any reason why a standard windshield would not be compatible with a C-handlebar.

BTW: in the USA and especially on the K75S, the C-handlebar used to be very popular. That must have been for good reason. You might consider to test that configuration before taking of the S-fairing.
      mfG
      Erik

Hi Stavros,

as Olaf explained a forkmounted windshield is quite okay.
      And if you are looking for a more comfortable or suitable handlebar for city traffic the higher one from RT is most probably the best one.
      But I am doubting why you want to change the fairing. In fact the higher handlebar can be combined with the original S-fairing without any problems.
      And any somehow missing protection from the kind of fairing as to my understanding is not a problem for city riding as speed is not high.
      We have a K75S with such high RT-handlebars (see avatar) and its quite okay; missing protection against wind is only showing some relevance above 80 or 100 km/h.
      Protection from C-windshield is better for the body but against bad weather (rai) both do not help at all.
      So why change the fairing?

Bernhard

Dear Bernhard thank you for your reply. I do have a thing about keeping my motorcycle close to factory specifications even if its for purely aesthetic reasons. I do like the naked K75 quite a lot, in fact as much as I do like the K75S version. If money, space or...wife wouldn't be a problem I would have already added to my K75S an K75 naked, a K75RT and I would defently fancy a K1100RS too...Now back to reality. As I will use the K75 as a city warrior (and use my R65 less frequently) I suppose it would be much more comfy the naked version, (I already have the pieces to do the transformation). However if (and that's a big one) rarely appears the opportunity for a long trip (as the one I did in 2007 Athens - Lisbon in 36 hours) I would like to add the windscreen on without a big fuss.

To be frankly honest, for the time being, I'll see how it goes without messing with the stock bars and fairing and hopefully I won't need to make any changes.

Thank you once more for your help,
      Stavros