Alternator driven off front of crank

• Some time ago I read about a mod a sidecar rider had made to a Kay to drive a car type alternator off the front of the crank.

if that was you - can you get in touch please
    thanx
    TJ

• Beachcomber,
    Why don't you email one of the sidecar organisations, it sounds like a modification that they would do!

Have you done a Google search?

Cheers

JBW

• Hi JBW

Yes did a search - AMAZING what you can trawl up !!!! - but kept coming up with the Airhead conversion. :roll:

In reality the Airhead conversion is probably more tricky as you have to seal the Timing cover chest.

I HAVE definitely seen pix of the conversion on a Kay - just can't remember where! :confused:

The Kay conversion in reality would be very simple - even more so for an alternator with less drive demand. No oil to worry about AND a nice flat surface to start with. It's marginal even if you would need an outrigger bearing as you would with the blower drive ;) .

However, I think I am taking the easy [ er ] option with a suck thro' Turbo. :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!