Locking fuel pump

• Hello!

I have had a problem with locking (sizing) fuel pump. After putting the bike on the side stand (even for short time) the fuel pump a time to time was blocked. It was enough to unlock it form fuel tank an give a little knock to unblock the rotor.
    Last time after a few minutes the pump has locked and soon after burned :/.
    The RIP fuel pump was a Bosh (not a direct replacement with original) with 12 000 km running on the bike.
    Has any one had a similar issue? Now I look for a replacement, two options so called universal pumps Bosch or other cheaper brands?

Best regards

• Hello!
    I have found original old VDO pump - I will see if it still works.
    Meantime I have found cross reference numbers for different manufactures:

Code
    VDO kod  BMW 164 1341231
    SIDAT 70009
    BOSCH 0580 453 070 – 0580 453 071
    EMS 1055974
    PIERBURG 7.18259.50
    KFM Audi 4305 OE - 0580 314 068
    CS Audi 4305 OE - 0580 314 068
    FISPA 20009
    VOLKSWAGEN 8A0 906 091 A – 8A0 906 091 G
    WALBRO 5CA400

It helps a lot - I was able to find all replacement in car parts warehouses, reasonably priced - 1/2 of Bosch price, Best regards,

• Rafal, just a word of caution about the "aftermarket" fuel pumps. Just because they may fit in the mounting hole/bracket, they may not be designed to handle the temperature of the "hot" gas that our bikes deal with.
    I have heard of a few instances here in the states where someone has used an aftermarket "inexpensive" alternative and it couldn't take the heat and failed.
    Yes they are designed for being submerged in fuel, but the temp in a automotive application fuel tank is far less than what our bikes deal with.
    YMMV.

Good luck.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!