Tuning chip K75 / Possible Suspension mods

• Beachcomber,
    Once I saw an advert for a tuning chip for a K75, the setup was in California I believe and they needed the bike there to do it!
    I actually emailed the guy before I found out the exact details, but it has been the only advert I have ever seen for K75 tuning on the net/web, it was about 2 years ago.
    I saw you stuff on the exhaust system seems you have been a busy man. I guess my main concerns with the K75S has been the "handling" and poor performance of the headlight. I have never been 100% confident in the handling department on twisty roads and poor lighting, adds to the feeling of uncertainty, a lot of my riding ironically has been in winter on dark and stormy nights, both these issues of road handling and lighting, have to be addressed this year.

I have been waiting for Ned's feedback on the shocks to be processed by you, how's it going?
    Although I like the Cafe Racer/ road bike set-up, there has been a warning of drastic cuts in road repairs on the news today and I feel if the deterioration of the roads carry on in this way, perhaps a dual-type set up enduro/road bike would be better suited to the crappy road conditions we face, here in the UK.

Recently, (last week, in Kentish Gazette), "Kent and Medway, Safety Partnership", published figures for convictions in 2008, 33,000 plus motorists, now where's all that money gone! Certainly, not on road repairs!

Cheers

JBW

• JBW,

Both Ned and Drake [ k11OG] and 12 [!] others have now been running the RAM shocker on their K75's with some success. :thumbup: I guess it's not protocol to name names [ the 2 above have voluntarilly come above the parapet ], I imagine feedback will creep onto the forums in due course.

From reports that I have seen, ALL seem pleasantly surprised at quality for the price and much improved ride and security. From my own results - I now need to get the front sorted out - the rear of the bike is more than capable of outperforming the front - if you follow!

I WAS going to build a K75 Cafe Racer, but I got outbid [ E-Bay], so decided to use one of my spare 100's.

The most pleasant bike [ style ] I've ridden lately has been my Streetfighter. Nicely placed bars [ to your choice ] which are considerably wider / higher than stock. I've also got an aftermarket twin headlamp fairing, which is a vast improvement over the stock RS. The Cafe Racer will have a 7" chrome headlamp [ Guzzi style ] with a Cibie headlamp unit.

The Streetfighter style - Enduro, Flat Tracker, call it what you will - is certainly a good proposition for riding on rough / unlit roads.

I intend to weigh all my bikes when completed, but I will be dissapointed if I haven't saved at least 100lbs over my RS.

• Beachcomber,
    Some front End research would be useful, new headstock bearings put in two years ago, but never been happy with the Front -End suspension, maybe worn, but definitely needs some tuning or something, tried different oils, but,|I have to confess I have never stripped the front fork down, mine are the "S" variety, there were no oil leaks or anything, perhaps after almost 20 years the internal components need upgrading. I always remember, a mate's 250cc Ducati single, (blackened exhaust pipe to where it joined the silencer), showing the way down various country roads to bikes that had more power, because it was relatively light and handled so well and the engine produced a lot of torque, giving greater flexibility of power delivery on the road.

When I was a college a mates mate turned up on a brand new 600cc Pantah, now that was a mouth-wateringly attractive machine.

Cheers

JBW

• JBW - almost certain to have saggy front springs !!

Just been to Realm all day - playing with the Trike set up :thumbup::thumbup: - and took time to discuss with Adrian - brake discs, fork springs, etc.

The spring manufacturer is happy to make the springs - we just need to get samples into my bike and tested. :cool:

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!