K75RT rebuild

• I have sourced all (almost) parts and it´s beginning to crawl together. This bike has only 29.000 km on the clock and is overall in very good condition. I can clearly see that large parts of it have never been touched with a spanner. However maintenance has probably been limited to changing oils. Lots of rubber parts, cables, brake parts and so on, needed. Brake discs damaged due to bad maintenance. Fairing needs repair in some places.

The most time consuming part has been cleaning, repairing small items along the way and deciding which parts to repair and which parts to buy new.

I decided to overhaul it in 3 steps:
    a. rear end, clutch to tail.
    b. front end, forks, controls e.t.c.
    c. middle, engine and electrics.

Here is a picture of the rear end before assembly. (Not a very good one I´m afraid). It seems that I can only attached one picture to each new topic? I will soon post another better one of the finished rear end.[/size][/font]

• Zitat von "TIV"

OK, I´ll send it to you :thumbup: I live in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Super !!!! Iceland is still empty in our member map - would you mind changing that ?

We´ll take the gearbox along to Hamburg with some used ship spares (charge air cooler, turbo-charger ect ) that´re still under island customs clearing. (russian trawl feet)

this few kg don´t make it. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• No problemo my friend :thumbup: How do I mark myself on the map?
    OK, I found out and I´m now on the map in Reykjavik, Iceland :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!