Starter upgrade kit

• Hi folks
    Has anyone installed the Hicap starter upgrade kit or similar? I ordered such a kit from Motorworks and decided to install it in my K75. The purpose of the kit is to improve starting. The ground lead was easy, just replaced the old one with the new one. I must criticize that there are no instructions with the kit, so I hesitated when it came to installing the plus lead. There is only on plus lead in this kit.
    1. Does it go from the battery plus to the starter relay?
    2. Does it go from the starter relay to the starter?
    Why not replace both of them?

• :confused:

Hi TIV,

I didn´t get that ,
    2 cables fo 54€ ???

think it´s complete usless and a waste of time and money.

why don´t you just check your starter , new brushes , cleaning all grounding contacts and that´s it.
    Ive mounted a new 16² flexible silicon grounding cable from - to the gearbox

that just resulted from the marvelous "grounding loop" - invented by the previous owner.

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Hi Olaf

I do not agree with you on this issue my friend. I have worked on electrics and electronics all my life, and this does matter. In some cases it makes a big difference. However I agree with you that this is to expensive for two cables. I payed 35 Euro because I do not pay VAT.

I decided in this case that it was enough to change the grounding lead so I used the plus lead as a ground lead on my FJ1200. Hence 17.50 EUR per bike and better starting on both!
    :freu:

• I'm with you. In 27 1/2 years and 285,000 miles the one and only starter problem I ever had was worn out carbon brushes. These bikes start so easily the starter hardly works. I am still using the original starter.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!