Clutch dismantling

• Hello there.
    Any experience in removing the clutch cover plate?, mine is stuck and I´ll appreciate your kind help.
    Best regards
    JAP

1988 K100 rs ABS

• Zitat von "JAP"

Hello there.
    Any experience in removing the clutch cover plate?, mine is stuck and I´ll appreciate your kind help.
    Best regards
    JAP

1988 K100 rs ABS

Hi Jap,
    When you say clutch cover plate, do you mean the plate behind the clutch friction plate and pressure plate? This is the one that is always a bitch to get off. I bought two long tyre levers (about300mm) because the bend on the tyre lever gives you a fulcrum from which to easily gently pry the plate off.
    If you mean the pressure plate, there are two dowels (10.00 o'clock and 4.00 o'clock if I remember correctly. Spray some penetrating oil at the dowels (don't spray the clutch plate) and tap around them with a hammer. If it doesn't come loose, then leave overnight and have another go. DON'T GIVE UP!! :thumbup:

• Hi, is the first one you have to move, the one with 6 screws and 3 very stubborn dowels.
    Ihave not reach the others.
    Thanks for your kind answer

• Just be carefull with any prybars so that you don't damage the friction plate. DAMHIK.
    I had to replace it anyway as it was oil impregnated. But still, be careful. It will come, be patient.

• Good morning, its done thanks for your kind help.
    Now there is another question regarding the seal instalation so Ill open a new topic for that one.
    Best regards
    JAP

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!