K75 Clutch rebuild questions

• hi there - just a few questions - I have the tranny out of my K75S and while the old clutch was working, I figured, since I have it out maybe I'd like to do the rear main seal and the clutch..

my question is - given the fact that nothing was catastrophically wrong with the clutch can simply replace the friction plate and diaphragm spring? or is it necessary to replace the friction plate and the pressure plate as a pair?
    I was planning on replacing everything until I got price quotes from the local dealer. :(

which leads me to my next question - is there a good (reliable & cheap) place to source BMW parts online??
    wondering if I can avoid spending $400 to rebuild the clutch.
    if not I might just reassemble.

also - it's possible that the clutch pushrod was bent during the tranny removal process, I was planning on checking it for straightness on a pane of glass but I'm just wondering at the tolerances for this - if I cannot see any bend in it using eyeball and glass test is that good enough? just wondering.

thanks in advance.
    b

• Bob,
    Not sure about the States but Motobins in the UK quite good and they had a clutch offer on recently /www.motobins.co.uk/displayprod.php?function=index.

When i replaced the ckutch I did just replace the friction plate balamced the other bits via 120 degrees re-greased with optimal parte, i did purchase the clutch centring tool to make the job easier and put it all back together, it worked fine, no vibration and better operation, I also stripped down the accentuating arm and cleaned and lubricated the mechanism thoroughly and replaced the cable with a Featherlite option by Venhill.

Cheers

JBW.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!