clutch cable

• Good afternoon,

just returned from Paris to Cambridge and my clutch cable broke in Calais. AA fitted a slightly thinner cable and i was on my way again. I'm rather confused as to what type of cable i need. there are 'standard' and 'featherlight' as a choice.

I've got a K100RS from 1989.

And whilst anybody on the UK is reading this..... I'm looking for some K-bike fellows :D

bw

Andre

• Hi!

Use yours brick VIN in realoem or other online parts catalogue. This way you will get BMW part number so called ETK for clutch cable with length matching your bike version. Basically cables are the same, the difference is in length depending on handle bars version.

Best regards,

• YESS... only the original cable, pls.
    Where did your cable break? Have a look at the clutch lever, put a little grease to the hole, where the End of the cable fits into the lever and make sure, the this felt thingie is in place..it is important to keep dirt from getting into the cable and it keeps the cable in the right position...important!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!