K75Rt Front brake rotor interchange ABS/non-ABS

• Hi folks! - new K75RT owner, and new member here, with some questions to start off with....(whatever did we do before the internet??)(ok, that wasn't my question yet...)

- '91 K75RT w/ABS needs all 3 brake rotors. I noticed that the L.F. rotor for ABS has a different OEM part# than L.F. w/o ABS - are there any physical differences between those two, or will they interchange? It's only the R.F. that has the ABS sensor ring, correct?
    - Can I remove the sensor ring from a R.F. ABS rotor and then use it on the L.F., or are there other physical differences?

Thanks,

w14

• the discs are interchangeable, I am removing the abs from my k100rs and just put non abs discs on it, you cant put the abs ring on a non abs disc though.
    Ray

• Depends how much work you want to do ;) - you could always leave the ABS ring in place and just fit the disc. I have 3 x K100's with such a set up. I guess previous owners obtained replacement discs and just fitted them.

Here's one for Ray - I KNOW you are playing out there ! :evil:

I have an R1150 5.5" 5 spoke wobbly with the disc attached to the rim - haven't tried fitting one of those have you? Just to clarify - the rim fits OK, it's the caliper set up I'm unsure of yet.

A have a K1200 Wobbly but it's "only" 5".

Next week I'm putting the '87 Fighter [ 100RS ] on the ramps and I'll start looking at what wheels fit and which don't - then I'll fit K1100RS forks and do the same excercise.

I'm undecided whether to use the RS 3 spokers on the Fighter, or find another 5 spoke wobbly front??? decisions, decisions.......... :roll::roll:

• Beachcomber, i sold the wide wheels i had no time to play. the 5.5 would not have fitted the 1986 k100rs as there is not enough clearance, it would have needed a paralever rear end.
    Now if i get a job near home instead of london I will have more play time!
    Ray

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!