K1100rs drive shaft

• Hi can anyone tell me if the left and right bearing bolts on the drive shaft housing are regular thread,(12mm) hex I am trying to get them out sorry I mean right or left thread.disregard this as I just got them loosened,thanks

• Zitat von "yurman"

Hi can anyone tell me if the left and right bearing bolts on the drive shaft housing are regular thread,(12mm) hex I am trying to get them out sorry I mean right or left thread.disregard this as I just got them loosened,thanks

Hey yurman, sounds like you keep your laptop in your toolbox? :question: :lollol:

• yutman AFAIK these are regular threads. Yet messing with those bolts is a bit tricky - torquing and bearing set up. If you haven't downloaded the service manual or bought Clymers, I strongly recommend to do so before you start work. There is a thread lock compound, so you need a big braking force or heat up the bolt. I assume, that you have a proper torque wrench to assembly the whole thing?

Best regards,

• Zitat von "Rafal"

yutman AFAIK these are regular threads. ....There is a thread lock compound, so you need a big braking force or heat up the bolt. I assume, that you have a proper torque wrench to assembly the whole thing?

Best regards,

Having destroyed a counter sunk bolt when replacing the rear disk rotor I recommend HEAT, especially if thread lock compounds are involved. This is tricky and may requires a good deal of heat to expand the bolt hole and soften the locking plastic compound before you lean on it.

My advice is : take your time, get the correct tools and don't force things unduly.

• If you need the Haynes Manual you can download it from my share files page here.
    http://www.=47
    Ajays.

Sorry but I have been instructed to remove this valuable information from this post by the webmaster.
    Ajays

• Zitat von "Ajays"

If you need the Haynes Manual you can download it from my share files page here.

One will not find information regarding Paralever suspension of K16V in Haynes. Such chapter is in Clymer book or factory workshop manual (free to download).

Best regards,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!