K75 Sitting for Long Time

• Guys, I have a K75 that has been sitting for a couple of years. Before I hook up a new battery and try to start it, I figure there might be some things I should do first, like cleaning fuel tank, or injectors, or lubricating cylinders or something. Any advice?

• Cleaning the tank and filling in some fresh gasoline couldn't do harm. Further actions depend on your findings. If the tank is clean, I would not do much more there :)
    New spark plugs could be good (at least, if she won't fire up)
    Before actually starting to ride, i would do some more things:

Change gasoline filter in the tank
    Change oils (Engine + filter, gearbox, final drive)
    lubricate final drive splines
    new spark plugs
    change brake fluid, inspect brakes
    carefully inspect tyres

If she runs well after that...you still should check valve clearance and clean all electrical contacts and connection you can find.
    If she doesn't run well or even won't fire up, come back, describe your problems and we'll try to help and get her buzzing again :)

• treiberg,
    Uwe is our wise man of the team and if you follow him you will not go far wrong.
    Hi Uwe...will you be visiting Beachy later in the year?
    Ajays

• Just did an inspection of the fuel tank, and it is completely full of gunk, mushy damper (see pics). My plan is to remove the fuel pump and replace the broken down dampner peices. How do I properly clean that all those particles out? Looks like quite a difficult job with all those tight spots in there.

Can I test the fuel pump by applying 12V to it? Will it damage it to run it dry for a few seconds to test it?

Suppose I should replace that filter in there too. Do you guys think that caught all the junk filter, or am I going to have to clean all the downstream components too (fuel lines, injectors, etc)?

Thanks so much for your help.

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->DSCN2205s.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

• Dieses Thema enthält 10 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!