Advice on using a Carbtune

• The rods bounce in use, the engine also changes and they vary slowly. The cylinders on the carbtune are also slightly different, i.e. if I swap the hoses, the readings change (after I let them settle).

I would like to know just how close I need to get my T.B.s....also, what is a good reading for them all to be.

My third carbtune cylinder doesn't bounce like the others and may be damaged. The carbtune is not old and I think I was careful assembling it. Maybe it has some dust in it?

I saw Ajays using his upside down. Is this how I should do it?

• Zitat von "JoelB"

The rods bounce in use, ....

.....My third carbtune cylinder doesn't bounce like the others and may be damaged. The carbtune is not old and I think I was careful assembling it. Maybe it has some dust in it?

I saw Ajays using his upside down. Is this how I should do it?

Yes, use it "upside down" as Ajays did. This is documented somewhere.

Remember to install the restriction tubes to dampen the vibrations and remember that what you are doing is a relative measurement to get the throttle bodies even.

Also, this adjustment is not so important at open throttle. It only really matters at idle.

• Ned,
    I've been reading your thoughts on disconnecting the fuel pressure regulator and plugging the rear cylinder. Apart from your suggested benefits I'd rather have seen a vacuum line taken from somewhere shared rather than a single cylinder, so I'd be happy to dispense with it. I recently pulled my airbox to re tube these functions.

Can you tell me what the vacuum switch beside the FPR (with the wire on it) does, and can I remove its vacuum hose from the front cylinder?

• joelB
    These vacuum switches were removed as not necessary. They are only found on the very early K100 series as I have. I have removed mine.
    Ajays.

• Thanks Ajays and Ned. I'll give her another go on the Carbtune tomorrow and fit four fresh blanking covers :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!