Different Indicators/ Turn signals ?

• I know there will be those who will jump to the defence of the traditional three switch indicator system, but I am exploring the possibility of simplifying this oddity.

Anyone out there can suggest an alternative, using parts off another make of machine ? Life would be much simpler, not just in operation, and simplify the electrical circuitry. I have to believe that someone has done what I envisage.

• Zitat von "Sidecarjohn"

I know there will be those who will jump to the defence of the traditional three switch indicator system, but I am exploring the possibility of simplifying this oddity.

Anyone out there can suggest an alternative, using parts off another make of machine ? Life would be much simpler, not just in operation, and simplify the electrical circuitry. I have to believe that someone has done what I envisage.

John, simple 3 letter reply: WHY?

• Because the electrical circuitry is more complex than it need be when compared with most other indicator systems, just look at the relay.

Even now I see no point in a questionable turn indicator operating system that in the greater scheme of things existed for probably no other reason than to be different.

An important factor for me is the cost of keeping a 21 year old motorcycle on the road, which in many other respects suits my purpose and provides satisfaction. However, there are features which are in my opinion weak points, which could be addressed and so prevent a situation where a failure of something relatively insignificant could mean I could not afford to continue my chosen activity without potential financial sacrifice.

I asked what I see as a reasonable question, no more no less. I still suspect someone may have explored what I ask, but perhaps in a more free thinking environment.

• A difficult one for me.

I run two bikes at the moment; a 1976 Goldwing and the K100Rs (1986). The Wing has the ordinary left/right slide switch which is very simple and easy to use.

I have no problems with mentally switching between the two, but after a bit I confess that i got used to the BMW system. The major problem is that I forget to switch off my blinkers on the Wing. BMW has a self cancellation thing so long as the bike is in motion.

I am not a traditionalist nor do I stick to BMW spares, unless there is no option, but I do think that I prefer the BMW system now.

Jut how often does the blinker system go wrong?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!