Anyone ever installed Ohlins cartridge dampers in a K bike?

• Ohlins modifies an awful lot of forks to take their adjustable cartridge dampers. Example, most of the teams racing Harley XR-1200's send their forks out to have the existing internals (cartidge damper on the left leg and a dead right leg for early XR's and a Showa Big Piston Fork on the later XR-1200X) replaced with 30 mm Ohlins cartridge dampers and Ohlins springs. This is an improvement over even the later Showa BPF, which surprised me. A friend with a team racing a couple of S-1000RR's replaces the BMW/Showa guts with Ohlins 25mm cartridges and springs, claiming the 25 mm cartridges work better than the 30 mm cartridges did.
    On the XR this puts adjustable compression damping in the right leg with the clicker on the fork cap, adjustable rebound damping on the left leg, again with the clicker on the fork cap, and both fork caps have a spring pre-load adjuster. I plan to send my Street Rod's fork legs out to Ohlins this winter for the identical mod.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to so modify a K bike fork and what their experience with this was? Man, that would be the cat's ass to have Ohlins internals,adjustable no less, on a K bike fork.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!