BMW K series water / oil pump seal rebuild videos

• Hi guys,
    Finally got around to editing the videos of the recent rebuild and seal replacement on the K1100.

Here are the video links, (2 videos), first shows removal stripping and covers cleaning, second shows refitting of new seals, shaft and silicone for re-installation.
    Had some problems with the vocals on video 2 so threw in a couple of songs, hope you all like Creedence :)

If any of he mods want to make this a Sticky i'd be honoured and just hope it helps some of you guys out a bit, i'd have appreciated a video before I tackled mine.

Video 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CBtaioRMx0

Video 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8JUY8C2c08

Cheers all,

Mike

• Mike, nice job. I've enjoyed the videos and the music. However, I have one question and one correction, if I may:

a. when you draw the shaft through by using a socket spanner, how do you know when the shaft is correctly positioned?
      b. the first song on the second video is "Joy to the world" by Three Dog Night, not CCR :)

• You know the shaft is correctly positioned when the oil drive gear is flush with the casing, this is mentioned in the second video and shown after drawing through with the spacer and bolt.

Check 4:30 on the videos for text explaining bringing gear flush, 5:10 for visual of how it needs to look.

I'm aware of joy to the world but Born on the Bayou is Creedence and like some other bands tends to be a marmite of the music world hence the mention, personally i love the stuff, lots don't.

Glad you enjoyed the videos

• You're very welcome, Hope others find it useful, it's certainly not as daunting once you get into it and get the old seals out and the casing cleaned.

• I did save it on my drive... will go back and have a look.

Marmite?.. you mean Vegemite, now Kraft Vegemite :)

I did go to a John Forgety concert a few years ago... fantastic, well worth it. The guy did all the favorite CCR songs and even played his valve amp. :)

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!