Airbox idle mixture screw position.

• Is there a known "safe" position, or number of turns in/out you can set this at that you know will work?

I am having real problems getting my bike to start properly, and this is the only thing i can think of. I know for a FACT it isnt in the right place, but just when i think im getting somewhere turning it in one direction, it goes back to exactly how it was before.

Anyway, any help is appreciated, as always.

ToGGoT

• Hi,

In my case the problem is fuel pressure retention.

Let me explain. When you shut the power, the fuel pressure should remain steady for some time. In my case it drops to almost zero in less than half a minute or so.

The problem is the regulator one-way valve. Once going, the pressure is just fine, so it the primary function of the regulator is fine.

Now the problem in starting is as follows: The pressure takes a bit of time to build up when you press the start button. My strategy is to just touch the starter, wait for the pump to stop, do it again before I engage the starter motor and crank the engine. The motor will not start until the pressure gets to close to 2.5 bar and that usually requires cranking for about 5 secs or so, twice.

Once started it runs jut fine and the pump/regulator maintain the fuel pressure just fine.

I know this because I've strapped a pressure gauge in the circuit and watch the behavior.

It is just possible that your problems are related to fuel pressure. It needs to be at 2.5 bar for the injectors to deliver a correct amount of fuel. If this is true, the air/fuel mixture will only have a secondary effect.

• Yep,
    That is correct Ned, I had the same problem when I first bought my K100 that had been standing for sometime.
    So....I removed the regulator, started my tyre air compressor and offered it to the hose connection spouts alternately.
    This freed the diaphragm spindle and I had no further trouble.
    Had a ride today...good thing too as snow is forecast again. I don't want to hear about your weather thanks.... :( Cheers Ajays :roll:

• Hi, I will hopefully be able to try to start up my bike in april after a massive overhaul and renewal of many parts in the fuel injection (mainly rubber parts) and elsewhere.

I was wandering..... There is a car service, who specializes in electrics, ignititon and injection repairs and adjustment, only few hundred meters from my house. Wouldn´t they have the equipment to help adjust the CO and synchronice the injection if I get into trouble?

• Just to clarify:

My pressure measurement rig. I can read the pressure as I am riding along.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_coHZtf5E4sc/S4okSXT2l_I/AAAAAAAAA28/jdl6WqQR1jk/s640/DSC00242.JPG]

My problem. It is just an inconvenience at the moment because it at least regulates the prssure correctly.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_coHZtf5E4sc/S4okSKtIYUI/AAAAAAAAA20/L7aDDEIMt5Y/Pressure%20Regulator%20valve.jpg]

Ajays: I think that in my case I will need a new regulator. I have put through many tank fulls of premium fuel with injector cleaner and nothing has helped. Ok, I will take the regulator off and try to clean it using an ultrasound bath, and if that doesn't fix it, i will be looking for a replacement. A 2.5 bar regulator should be very common.

• Dieses Thema enthält 36 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!