Drivetrain Failure seen this?

• I've seen this before. Even if you don't agree with him totally, one must admit that it would be better if the parts are lubricated like the gearbox is.

Going back to my shaft drive Honda, it was a much tighter and more precise system, because they had clutch and gearbox as one unit and just the diff to worry about.

In the case of K100 and I assume boxers (they are the same design from the motor to the rear wheel), because the drive system are three separate components coupled through splines etc, the whole thing is sloppy even when new. No constant lube and constant going up and down the gears (more than cars) puts a lot of strain on relatively small spline grooves and teeth. Constant metal to metal contact with no liquid cooling/lubrication must take a toll.

• nothing new...
    did you ever heared about Staburags? That's the lubrication we normaly use for it since 1920 :mrgreen:

• Zitat von "six1"

nothing new...
    did you ever heared about Staburags? That's the lubrication we normaly use for it since 1920 :mrgreen:

Hey Michael, I know that Klüber has made Staburags lubricants for 70 - 80 years. What I did not know is that they have grease that is good for our shaft drives.
    People are always asking about this, and the usual answer is Honda Moly 60 or similar. BMW says Optimol T White Paste, and you say Staburags. Can you give us the full product name of the Staburags grease that you use? :?

• Hi,
    there are two products that i know they're right!

1) Klueber STABURAGS NBU 30 PTM
    Klueber Lubrications Munich
    Geisenhausenstrasse 7
    D-81379 Muenchen
    Phone: +49 89 78 76 0

2) Fuchs Lubritech, GLEITMO WSP5040

• Dieses Thema enthält 25 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!