k100 lacks power and idles erratically

• Hi,
    I have this problem for some time: The bike lacks power on normal riding speed. When it comes to a stop it idles erratically and even stalls.
    I checked the spark plugs, where worn up but after replacement nothing changed.

What should I do next? Is it the fuel injection problem or ignition timing problem?

thanks a lot,

Stas
    K100RS 16v 1991

• I had a similar problem, where the engine stalled while I was braking. I did not solve it so far, but it didn't accur to me yet this season...

• hi,
    before doing other things:
    remove tank an clean ALL connectors! Motronic, injection, all parts under tank!
    clean meens opening connectors, looking for corosion. put in a little contact spray BUT DON'T USE WD40 FOR CLEANING!!
    After that plug connectors several times. this is important for mechanical cleaning the surface of pins!
    also hava a look at water sensor connector. it's located front of engine, below water cooler on engine block. (2 pin connector) this is for setting right mixture in fact to the water temperature!

next thing is right handle bar switches. some times kill switch will fault in electrical work. BUT have a look at the little ball, wich will be jumping out the switch if you open it :mrgreen: it will jump around... funny :mrgreen::mrgreen:

this is what you have to do regardless what will happen after this!

mostley, this will fix a lot of problems in first order...

regards, michael

• hey,
    I removed the tank and cleaned the fuel pump connection, and also the motronic connection.
    Today I'll check out the water sensor, and also the ignition control unit connector.
    I don't think that it will do the work, but checking is always good.

I still think that it's something in the fuel injection or the ignition. I just don't know where to begin.

• Dieses Thema enthält 22 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!