Stuck break pin

• Early 2 pot k100rs brakes, one of the brake pins would not move today, so i hit it with a hammer-then I used a g cramp to try and move it. no avail, sod`s law it` the side that is dragging.
    Any way of getting it out? or should i cut it and use a stainless one?
    ta
    Ray

• Brake pin is the pin the fixes the brake pad in the caliper? If necessary, cut it, it has got to come out! Stainless steel is not neccesary imho, these parts have to be replaced from time to time. I would say this is a typical old bike low mileage problem. If you have to change the brake pads every now and then (not just every 10 years), this won't happen again.

• SSray2
    You do mean the two pins holding the pads in place? I use old ones as a drift to punch them out, I have gone stainless, got them from Motobins, front and rear brake pad pins are different, if I remember rightly.

No corrosion, better brake response and free from jamming in the future in theory.

Cheers

JBW

• Yep its the 2 pins, not low milage-use every day except when the snow won`t let me get out of my road type abuse.
    I think when I change the pads I will have to cut the pin(only one stuck) and wiggle it out.
    ta
    ray

• ssray,
    Put a cloth over your brake pads and under the pins and spray with a lubricator, Double TT or something like it, file up one of the old pins and use as a punch to hit the stuck pin, because of small diameter. I have found used as a pin punch in this way stuck pins have become free , also wriggle sadi stuck pin with sharp-nosed pliers.

Cheers

JBW!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!