Rear drive lube on K100rs 16v paralever.

• Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum and struggling to find my way around (signs of old age maybe) so please be patient.
    I live in the Yorkshire Dales and run a K100rs 16v. I have just been looking to lube the final drive and after removing the rear wheel, brake etc, wondered if anyone has information on how to remove the rear drive to grease the splines.
    Is there anything that I should be aware of or shouldn't attemt? Does it require alignment with special tools. The rear end on pre 16v models was a doddle but this appears a little tricky.

Cheers.

• Hi Sportsman,
    There are lots of post on your subject just go to search at the top here and enter your requirements.

GO HERE and download my Haynes Manual for Adobe Just click this ;

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.4shared.com/file/231513269/81f15860/BMW__k1002020k7520Haynes20Manu.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.4shared.com/file/231513269/8 ... 0Manu.html</a><!-- m -->

[warning]NO...sorry but it is only for 8 K's[/warning] Ajays

• Hi sportsman,

welcome to the forum.

I have a 16V too and did the exercise during the winter. When you remove the rear drive and only want to lube the cardan shaft, then you have to take care of the alignment before final assembly. Attached you'll find a link to a drawing, which is described unfortunately only in german. Please have a look first. By the way , have an eye on the sealings. When you find oil in the body of cardan shaft during dismantling, sealings should be changed. But for that, special tools are required.

Alignment of Cardan shaft

Cheers,

Oliver

• for the K1 & K100 16V BMW didn´t issue a propper manual.

You have to use the K1100 file for rough orientation.

or you take realoem & click to maingroup :

look here

26- drive shaft
    33- rear axle drive

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Many thanks for the replies and links to diagrams etc.
    I had heard that you had to align the shafts but wanted to make sure.
    I can now proceed with the lubrication.

Thanks again.

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!