Clutch control

• Tonight I´m going to assemble my K75RT´s clutch control mechanism. I had thought there was supposed to be an oil seal to prevent oil flowing from the gearbox into the rubber boot, but there seems to be no such seal.

It seems that in my bike the clutch control consist of the following items:
    1. push rod
    2. piston with integrated bearing (one unit) that fits straight on to the rear of the push rod.
    3. spring that fits into a groove in the piston.
    4. rubber boot, fixes to the housiing with a clamp and to the arm with a bolt

Is the gearoil supposed to flow freely between the gearbox and the boot?

• Hi,

like that ?

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/j/w/5.png]

(without having practice in that)
    I suppose you are looking for a sealing so called " die Sau " - free translated as " the bitch" - Dorthe - sorry for that but sometimes things have to be named ... :mrgreen:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/k/u/3.png]

pls have a look ,here for item no 12

We just had a thread concerning that Here , at least to have a look on that

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Hi Olaf
    Unfortunately I do not speak the German language. I can see the oil seal number 12. I would think this oil seal is to prevent oil running through the pushrod tunnel to the front, into the clutch. I can´t see how it can stop oil running from the gearbox into the rubber boot.

My push rod looks a little bit different, you have to put it in place before you put the gearbox on. Also there is only one item (a piston with integrated bearing) between the pushrod and the spring.

So probably there is always oil from the gearbox in the rubber boot, and since there is very little pressure it´s just OK.

• TIV you are right, towards the back end, there is only the rubber boot. If it is broben, you will have small amounts oil gearbox oil leaking out, but not much.
    "The bitch" aka "die Sau" got this name, becaus it is so hard to get out and in again and you will automatically find this name and use this word, once you try to change this thingie :thumbup:

• Sorry to hijack, Item no 7, The clutch acutuation arm-is it easy to remove and clean? my clutch i very stiff and its appears to be the cause-its like an automatic in the morning until warm.
    Ray

• Zitat von "ssray2"

Sorry to hijack, Item no 7, The clutch acutuation arm-is it easy to remove and clean? my clutch i very stiff and its appears to be the cause-its like an automatic in the morning until warm.
    Ray

do it & report it asap :mrgreen:
    if all items are rotten - ´ll take time & patience

don´t forget to check the bowden cable - once in decade exchange might be helpfull

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

• Dieses Thema enthält 15 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!