K1100 starter free wheel orientation

• Hi

Got to the point where I took the K11 apart to mounth a new free wheel to the starter. Se: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://plus.google.com/photos/102903190849339634673/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/102903190849339634673/albums/5888089719555999729/5888089842990077154?pid=5888089842990077154&oid=102903190849339634673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://plus.google.com/photos/10290319 ... 9339634673</a><!-- m --> and on.

Found some wearing on the freewheel rollers so I order a new center from moto-bins.co.uk BUT forgot to take a pickture on how to mount the center i.e. free wheel looking direction.
    Any tips are highly appreciated. :D

• Hello Tibbe,
    Thank You for the Link to moto-bins.co.uk
    I visited their Homepage, not bad.
    To solve Your Problem: The K engines are designed to turn ClockWise.
    You have 3 different drives on the K-Series
    -crankshaft
    -outputshaft
    -auxillary shaft
    The Flywheel turns right, if you stand behind the engine.
    You are looking against the clutch.
    You must mount the roller, so the mechnism is not blocking.
    The starter turns also ClockWise and if you start the maschine, the freeweel-mechanism must kick in.
    The freeweel mechanism blocks only in one Direktion.
    Good luck.
    Fritz

• Hi
    Found an image at motobins and tips from a fellow wrencher "Heynes K100" p 226.
    He will try to scan in the page and send me.
    In case anyone has that page in any e-form and would like to share it with me/us I would highly appreciate your effort.

Just trying to verify by many sources how to mount the free wheel to avoid extra wrenching.

/Sven-Erik

• I guess you have the last Version of the racer. That roolers must face the Flywheelside.
    I had a look at the Haynes and I will try to give you a link to the tec. documentation in FB
    Regards Fritz
    ---------------------
    look here
    section 11.Motor page 305
    Part 4

• Thanks Fritz
    Most helpful!
    Waiting for the delivery from motobins.
    Getting a bit nervous as I have to be on road by the end of next week, and let's say that the custom service at motobins can be improved specially in respect to delivery status.

• Hi tibbe,
    thank you.
    Please look at the link i gave in my last comment, it s unfortually in German ´, but you see the Picture quite well.
    I have the Haynes documentaion, but no scanner at Hand and it s in my Garage.
    In the flyingbring Homepage there are plenty Images availáble.
    You can always rely on them.
    See you on the road possibly.
    Fritz

• Dieses Thema enthält 14 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!