Tps-gone! but for good?

• Reading posts on the old forum and printing off loads before it`s killed off, I was lookingat k11 throttle bodies on my 1986 k100rs. and the mason(hope you pop in again) always adovacted the removal ot the tps(throttle postion sensor) on early kay`s, I did it the other day and forgot about it until last night, it is much smoother when going from a closed throttle to an open one, as the tps cuts off the fuel when the throttle is closed and you have more than 2k rpm on the bike, going from closed to open before was met witha lurch now smoooooth power.
    I have only done 20 miles with it disconnected so I am not sure about the mpg, I will calculate this after the next tank.

Ray

• ssray,
    It would be a point of interest to see the difference.
    Look forward to the result.

Cheers

JBW

• ssray,
    Don't forget the TPS also enrichens the fuel mixture at the top 20% of the throttle opening to avoid a lean condition at higher RPM. I have had mine disconnected for some time now with no noticably difference in fuel economy. I'm carefull not to rev engine above 6500 RPM except occassionally to clear the spark plugs if ridden at lower RPM in city traffic, Kays seem to hate this type of riding as the get very hot here in Florida when not on the open road.
    JohnC

• I hardly ever have mine wide open, I treat it more like a big moped-top gear at 30-35 then roll on and off.
    Today was diffrent good ride to the station, no cameras this way ;)
    Ray

• Not this old chestnut again..Ned did a complete test on this subject and finally came up with tuning the throttle shut click out so you still have the full throttle function operative. I have set my 75s to try it.
    He also removed the regulator suction tube from the last intake and plugged it as the others.
    He swears by this setup but I did find a mild backfire. I can live with that.

The shut off TPS does give engine braking but snatches on take off. Gear changing seems to be a lot smoother also but don't ask me why. I am refering to the early TPS with two switches Not the later ones with a pot. And finally, it is much kinder to the shaft spines for obvious reasons.

Come in Ned...
    Ajays

• Ajays,
    I missed Ned's test on this subject, will try this myself soon as I get the OK from Dr. to resume riding post hip surgery.Please correct me if this is wrong but is carbon build-up not the Nicasil cyclinder coatings worst enemy and revving the engine and not lugging the engine the best way to avoid this condition. I try to keep my Rpm above 3500 whenever possible, even keeping it in3rd or 4th gear if neccessary.
    JohnC

• Dieses Thema enthält 18 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!