Battery polarity

• Yes here is a really stupid one! I know the size of battery I need, but when I got my bike it had a bastard battery, to small and half dead. Had to keep my charger on all the time. So, I ditched it at the beginning of my overhaul.

Now I am going to buy a new one, but can´t remember where the + and - are supposed to be on it. I think that the plus should be on the right hand side at the front corner of the battery, but I´d better be sure before I buy it. :?

• Hi TIV,

the battery I use, there is plus (+) on left hand side at front corner.

Cheers
    Rainer

Gruß
    Rainer

So ist das Leben eben

• Tiv.
    As Rainer says , Plus is mostly on the left but All batteries are marked so no problem there.
    Go for the solid type and you can then forget the bloody bind of topping up with distilled water.
    Cheers Ajays

• Also (if not ben changed by you or the former owners) the connectors should only fit one way (concerning the length). There is also the drain hose of the battery, which is a good indicator...

• I´m pretty sure nothing has been changed in the electrics/wiring. The fuse/relay box is out at the moment, but I´m about to install it again and everything is well marked and labelled. Left hand, front corner, OK. Yes Ajays the gel batteries are a more expensive, but they are troublefree so I´ll get one :mrgreen:

• TIV,
    I need to say that my K100 (84) has the positive + on the opposite side. That is to say front right corner.

Ajays

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!