replacing K100LT forks with K75RT ones

• i have spare '92 75RT forks (the "best" showa ones) and want to put them in my 100LT.
    you guys recon it makes sense replacing them?
    will it improve handling?
    when fully packed and braking, diving of front end on my LT is really annoying.

• Matt, I guess, it will not change very much, (as long as your original fork is not worn out) maybe the diving will be a bit better. You should try and change the oil oil in the front fork a little mor and a little thicker oil will hav a better effect on front diving. Also progressive fork springs will help. That is true (and neccessary) for both types of front forks. :)

Be sure to exchange the complete fork, because the tube diameters differ (41mm vs 41,3mm)

• Zitat

have spare '92 75RT forks (the "best" showa ones) and want to put them in my 100LT.

good idea

Zitat

you guys recon it makes sense replacing them?

clear Yesssss - it´s more senisible (feminin :mrgreen: )

Zitat

will it improve handling?

Yess ! id does - if it´s in good condition - and the showa is much better to maintain
    pls use new progressive springs & new Wilbers in the back & new steering bearings.

the final kick will be :
    Tires: Bridgesone BT45 with B 110 & 140 instead of 100 & 130 size

Ein Y-Chromosom macht das Leben unbeschwert

Grüße von Olaf aus H-U

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!